Monday, February 27, 2012

Testing the water... AKA Drinking On A Monday

There are few things as wonderful as when the first sip of delicious Bud Light hits your tongue. I mean the Bud Light that's been sitting in the freezer, and is ten seconds away from the point that it begins to turn to slush. The Bud Light that's so cold and tasty, that you forget, even for a moment, all of your troubles. Like the feeling that Red, Heywood, Snooze, and Floyd had drinking icy cold suds on the roof of Shawshank Prison.






Alas, I digress. This blog will chronicle my search to find those few things. Now, those things are different for everyone. Some people live in the moment when the first ray of sunshine breaks the horizon in the morning. Others find happiness underneath their freshly cleaned sheets after a hot shower with a good book. And there is a small group of people who take solace in all shows where fat people lose weight.


 My wonderland you ask? Drinking and eating. I find I am happiest in those fleeting moments when the burger, tomato, onion, and cheese come together in such a way you couldn't imagine. Those times when baked chicken skin is so crispy, salty, and tasty that you wish chickens were just made of their own skin.


This blog will be a slow, ever-changing, history of food and drink I've sampled, as well as some of my own how-to creations. I am a fledgling foodie, and I think something like this will help grow that passion.


A few things you should know ahead of time: I don't like seafood. It's not for lack of trying, either. I try everything put in front of me, and I just can't seem to form a bond with those thing that populate our oceans and lakes. Additionally, my main areas of romance currently are the grill- things like BBQ, burgers (not bbq!), and steaks...., and sandwiches. All things sandwich.


So without further ado.....

No comments:

Post a Comment